PetsConnect! currently has eight cockatiels in our program.
They were owner surrender and all come from the same home.
All have been vet checked! They are all healthy, have had their wings and nails clipped.
Their back story: These cockatiels were left homeless after their owner died. During their time with her they had a room all of their own where they had free flight. They were cageless. They are use to eating food out of a bowl on the floor as well as coming and going as they please but, as with most cockatiels, they are smart and adaptable!
For the past couple months they have been divided so that there are 3 or 2 of per flight cage.
We have been able to handle each bird, some seem more tame then others but we suspect all are tame.
All are adults, probably mid-range. None appear to be old nor real young as in under a year old.
1) Angel, Adult, Cinnamon, Female, is at a good weight. She is our current egg layer.
Angel has a slightly damaged left shoulder but can use it find. She is very sweet and tame.
2) Adelaide, Lutino, female, is at a good weight. She is all yellow and missing feathers at base of back by her tail. The vet says she is a picker.
3) Sydney, Cinnamon, male – this boy is a bit on the husky side but still good weight.
4) Smokey, Normal Gray, male, good weight.
6) Lilly, Pearl Lution, female, normal weight.
Lilly has pattern baldness. She is all yellow, bald on her head.
8) Lou, Heavy Pied, gender unknown, good weight.
Mostly yellow with gray along side of back on both sides.
You can see several of them at the PetSmart store in Mishawaka.
Visit them in the small animal area.
Contact us at email@example.com for an applicaiton.
Visit us at www.petsconnect.org
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PetsConnectInc/
These tiels are available for adoption. If you are interested, please fill out an application and email it to us as an attachment.
Click here for adoption application
Medical: Vet checked, all are healthy
Adoption fee: $50
Want to Volunteer? Learn more now!
Want to Donate? Learn more now! We are always in need of donations to help cover vet and food and more costs as well as material things such as bleach, toys, rawhides, blankets, towels, beds and the list goes on.